The Michelson Library was brought under ADG guardianship in 2013, a general content inventory (for decontamination, re-boxing, and appraisal purposes) was conducted in 2014. The contents of the Library are currently housed at a Bonded Storage facility. At this time, none of the Library’s materials are available to view.
MICHELSON LIBRARY INVENTORY: Box count is 1,594, stored on 45 pallets
- BOOKS: 5,000 apx. (out of print, earliest editions date back to the early 1800’s)
- PERIODICALS: 5,000 apx. (all historic and rare dating to the early 20th century)
- PHOTOGRAPHS: 30,000 apx. (architectural research & motion picture set stills)
- MEMORABILIA: 5,000 apx. (production notebooks, graphics, sketches, set drafting & ephemera)
- VISUAL CLIPPINGS FILE FOLDERS: 3,000 apx. (all indexed by subject)